Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Reflecting Light

"You can't see light, unless it hits something."

That's what our instructor said in photography class. I'd never thought about it before, not that way. It's true. The spectrum of light is only made visible when it bounces off particles in the air or physical objects.

You can't capture it really, either. It moves and it hits something and we see it, recognize both it and whatever reflects its glory.

Makes me think of the value and function of human beings, mountains, seas and every glorious thing in our world. We can only see it in relation to how the light interacts with it.

How does the light interact with you? What is made visible? What stays in the shadows or casts shadows?

I reflect God's light. It lands on me and bounces out into the world. Radiant!

Other times, I've been caught sucking God's light in like a black hole and not allowing anything to come out. Black holes serve some function we don't understand.

More and more, I let God's light hit me so that others may see.

No comments:

Post a Comment