Monday, August 31, 2009

A life of choices

A few hours ago I ran into one of my cousins. I gave her Reiki I and II attunements a little over a month ago. She'd suffered back pains and was not doing well with the painkillers.

She was happier than last time I saw her. "How's your back?" She went on to say that while it was better she was still dealing with it. I suggested she spend some time each day doing the self-treatments. "I do feel much better when I do it!"

The problem is making the time to do it. I know this myself. Just this morning I suffered a sinus headache trying to morph into a migraine and reached for the pills. For the last couple days I've known I needed to make time for self-treatment.

No wonder this healing art was lost. We don't make time for what works. We wait until there's a problem instead of practicing prevention.

How many Americans only integrate responsible diet and exercise into their daily lives after the diabetes diagnosis.

Tons of books explore a very simple truth. Our lives are made up a million minor choices.

Tomorrow morning, I'm doing reiki! And I'm not having more than a little piece of chocolate before I go to bed, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment