Thursday, August 27, 2009

Commitment to Heal

MasterRabin is a word play on both my desire to master me as well as being a Reiki Master. It's been years in the making, but I'm finally ready to be an active, teaching Reiki Master. I've committed to enabling at least 100 individuals to turn on their innate healing power before 2009 ends.

The seed was planted five months ago when I realized a woman I see regularly at my local coffee shop would benefit from an attunement. Until then I'd only attuned my mom and one friend. Even though I've experienced immense personal benefit from the balancing effects of the reiki energy healing method, I was keeping it all to myself.

I've been going to this same coffee shop for the last five or six years. Sometimes I go in a couple times a week, other times only once or twice a month. Over the years I've noticed times when she's more happy and less happy, more enthused and less enthused and physically more healthy and other times less healthy. On that day five months ago, I knew in my heart that I'd made some promise in eternity, a vow before getting here from heaven, to offer her reiki.

It's been five months in the making, but I'm now ready to fulfill on that soul agreement.

Over a year ago, I gave my first Reiki attunement to a friend, Abby. She's a licensed massage therapist, acupunturist and herbal medicine healer. We bartered. I gave her Reiki I and II and she gave me a series of acupuncture treatments. She shared some of the benefits she noticed, including an enhancement when treating clients with massage and acupuncture. I began to realize my own benefits were not a fluke.

Months later, I gave my Mom Reiki I. More months, then reiki II. She too has reported a series of benefits, including lower blood pressure.

And that was all. Months passed without sharing it with anyone else.

In April, Abby suggests I call a guy who wants to barter his fashion consulting for reiki. We made arrangements. He somehow remained charming and tactful while being brutally honest. When all was said and done, 1/3 of my browns, blacks and tents were missing. In exchange he became a reiki master. He was my first.

And then I was on a roll. I turned on the healing power of my sister, a cousin, a former coach, a friend, my sweetheart, another friend and so on. All the while it was becoming clearer that I wanted to do more of this, needed to do more of this.

On July 26th, I declared myself in business, but have so far only accepted one paying client. And, I haven't even accepted the actual payment yet. I've agreed to be paid.

Today, I took a major step in truly stepping into what I declared as the newest aspect to my life's work. I am a healer. Truthfully, I am a gifted healer. It runs in my veins, inherited. I'm certain of this. The series of books I wanted to write on Luzca are in part about owning this truth.

No time for home-made chai this morning, I stopped by my local coffee shop before heading off to scope out used classroom furniture from the district warehouse. Several of us from my high school planned to meet there right at 9am when the doors opened with a new shipment. My students now have a nice wooden coat rack for their wet jackets in winter.

As soon as I walked in three familiar faces greeted me with warm smiles and hellos. As fate would have it, there were no customers behind me. Rare! Very rare! This place is always busy.

I recognized the set-up. Either walk through the door I've stared through for five months or let it close, walk away.

If there were any doubts about it being an opening, an opportunity, the young lady who inspired my desire to share reiki inquires with great interest and enthusiasm into what's new for me this summer. Not the polite kind of "what's new?", but the general interest that reeks of winking angels daring me to fess up.

As soon as the question left her lips, time and space expanded. For a coffee shop at 9am, it suddenly seemed particularly still and quiet. In the two second eternity it took me to muster the courage to answer forthrightly, I chose crossing through the threshold. I knew that if I did not mention reiki, if I did not own up to what I created, I'd have one more experience of knowing myself as a flake, as someone who shirks, as someone who was too scared, too timid to contribute powerfully to another human being and make a difference in her life.

I told her about reiki. I did not tell her that she was the inspiration for my choice to create a business around sharing reiki or that at that I practiced on a dozen others before acquiring the confidence to offer it to her. I did tell her that I knew she'd benefit and that I wanted to give it to her as a gift.

I walked through the door. I know myself as someone who is committed to enabling others to live balanced, healthy lives. I shared the benefits I'd received and those received by others I personally attuned over the last few months.

Then there was momentum. I told her that my services were free, but that I'd gladly accept paying referrals later if she benefited and wanted to share it. It's so huge that I was clear with myself and with her that I'm creating this as a business. Living my commitments out loud.

Ten minutes later I called to schedule the first client for which I'll be paid. It's quite a breakthrough in valuing what I have to contribute to others.

1 comment:

  1. Cool yaar! That's really great news. I read earlier you started doing attunements on a professional basis... but this is really good... not shirking away from your own bigness! This is exactly what I'm trying to reprogram in myself these days... accepting the fact that I am BIG... no matter what anyone else around me says!

    Btw, I didn't know that you knew the Hindi for 'tea' is 'chai'! ;)

    ReplyDelete