Sunday, August 23, 2009

Movies that Moved Me

I've got a long and wonderful day ahead of me tomorrow starting with a breakfast date with a cousin at 8am and then leaving at 10:15am with my sweetie for an event in Santa Barbara. Just in case I don't get a moment before Sunday becomes Monday, I'm posting before Saturday is barely noticed as gone.

I'm cross-breeding facebook notes with blog entries. The same friend that passed along the query of 15 favorite books has now inquired into 15 favorite movies.

Loving movies more than books, I hated stopping at 15. Taking liberties, I didn't.

1. The Godfather I
2. The Godfather III (ok, Godfather II, too, but I and III deserved distinct entries)
3. Training Day
4. Desperado (saw this one in the theater 8 or 9 times)
5. Phantom of the Opera
6. Very Bad Things
7. Requiem for a Dream
8. Contact
9. Matrix (just the first one)
10. Notes on a Scandal
11. Chicago (I know...something about it, though)
12. The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
13. The Dark Knight
14. Pirates of the Caribbean (1st and 3rd, especially)
15. The French Lieutenant's Woman

That list spilled out until I got to #15. Then I got stuck wanting to make the official last entry count. Others that came to mind:
Blue Velvet
American Beauty
2001: Space Odyssey
Bourne Ultimatum
Dr. Strangelove
Transformers
Blackhawk Down (?)
Kramer vs. Kramer

mmmm mmmm movies

I prefer action, dark comedy, vengeance and drama. Testament that I am created in my Father's image.

No comments:

Post a Comment