Sunday, January 6, 2008

Two weeks off. They were wonderful. Not too fast, not too slow, not too short, not too long. Perfect.

I'm doing a new 42-day series of meditations. The first twenty-one days end with five minutes of focusing enthusiastically on gratitude. Maybe that influences my sense that the break has been perfect. I did the first today.

After the last blog entry on being in a state of wantlessness, I've since come to realize that what I was truly referring to was a move toward egoless wanting. I still have plenty of desire and wanting, but the shift is now toward satisfying them from a spiritual place.

This doesn't mean all my goals are void of their material counterpart. I realize, for example, that my current state of living comfortably is what has allowed me to explore Reiki and other healing energies. I have the luxury to purchase crystals and books and travel to sacred places because of the material freedom I allow into my life.

Several months ago I took an introductory course on Pranic Healing from Master Co. He took some time at the end to do a meditation on abundance and financial healing. He noted that many spiritual healers often struggle financially because they are holding onto vows of poverty taken in earlier incarnations of growing their spirits.

I am beginning the process of looking for the spiritual connection, the underlying path-inspired purpose of all goals, all desires, all wants. How do my material goals support my spiritual development? They go hand-in-hand. Certainly, there is nothing wrong with a life spent outside the world, separate from materialism, in an effort to grow the spirit. But I believe that at some point, every spirit must learn to live in peace with the material world, without disdain for it, without superiority to it, but with compassion for it.

Learning to work within it, with it.

I am appreciative of the road toward egoless wanting. Now it's time for dream fulfillment. Our dreams are the clues our spirit gives us on how to live our life's purpose.

2 comments:

  1. Hey this was an eye-opener... "many spiritual healers often struggle financially because they are holding onto vows of poverty taken in earlier incarnations of growing their spirits"!

    I have been wondering about my financial blocks for like years now! A lot of Reiki-healing and affirmation-work this year did manage to loosen these blocks to some extent, but this post on your blog has given me some more "food for thought" and I can now do more focused affirmation-work on this issue!

    Thanks. Nature sure does have a strange way of providing the answers one is seeking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Our dreams are the clues our spirit gives us on how to live our life's purpose."

    Yes, wonderful.

    ReplyDelete