Monday, June 22, 2009

Coincidental Love

I had the pleasure of being loved powerfully yesterday. It's such a circle. Love's power flows in an unpredictable, ever-expanding, unbreakable circle. A circle that flows in and out of heaven and earth.

I was in Los Angeles taking a Landmark Communication Course. My Aunt Janice was taking The Landmark Forum upstairs. We'd seen each other about a year ago at my Aunt Mildred's 50th wedding anniversary. Before that, almost a decade.

On Saturday I wrote a short love note to let her know I was thinking of her. Sometime Sunday afternoon, our breaks from our respective courses coincided and we had a chance to connect. She shared the unexpected impact of my note. She received it as pure love. She returned the same in the extended embrace when we saw each other.

And none of it would have been possible without my late great Aunt Lucinda. She's the one who came to me and inspired me to write a book (that's nowhere near done) which inspired me to look through an old family reunion book for authentic turn-of-the-20th century black names...which caused me to say yes to a chance invitation to spend part of Thanksgiving with my paternal relatives...which caused me to be at my aunt's 50th wedding anniversary and get reacquainted with Angela...who took a stand that I take The Landmark Forum. She took the stand when she said, "When you sign-up tell me when you're doing it. I'll come out and take it with you." From Delaware? "Yes!"

About a year later, five or six Landmark courses later...my Aunt Janice and I have the sweetest embrace in the lobby on father's day. I'm sure it was the best present my father, Robert, aka Bubba, could possibly have enjoyed from Heaven.


Funny thing about the universe. My maternal Aunt Linda and paternal Aunt Janice end up in the same seminar and in the same small group within the seminar.
Aunt Linda: "You're from Long Beach? What do you do?" She thought Janice looked familiar.
Aunt Janice: "I teach at Poly."
Aunt Linda: "No kiddng. My niece teaches in Long Beach. Her name is Robin..."
Aunt Janice: "That's MY niece!"

I love my ever growing life!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete