Saturday, February 7, 2009

A Double Rainbow Day

I'm so excited. I came online a short while ago and discovered that a friend I hung out with earlier just contributed a wonderful post to my community project--a blog for and by energy healers. A perfect ending to a great day.

The original plan for the day was major house cleaning. Her call was welcome relief. We drove to the Fairfax district for a fabulous Ethiopian meal.

It was rainy off and on all day. Nothing like spending that kind of day in a quiet restaurant with a girlfriend. On the way home there was an amazing rainbow. So rarely do you get to see where it ends. It rested it's northern end smack in the middle of the Hollywood Hills. No kidding. And it was a full ark. That's a rare treat.

As I kept glancing away from the freeway to marvel at seeing the clear colors descending into the near distance, I heard "Look! A double rainbow." Yep, two rainbows, complete arks and clear colors, which appeared to be a couple miles apart at most. The clouds were spectacular and a full moon sat high above it all perfectly centered in the late afternoon sky.

It was another of those blessed moments of bliss that descend upon me more and more frequently. The meal was void of liquor, dessert or soda. Aside from the effect of the food itself, a drug-free transport into the realm of bliss. I love those moments when I get to straddle the world of the five senses and this other dimension where the all things meld into a singular pulsating field of connection to the energy of all that my eyes survey. It's like viewing a painting and then being transported into it, becoming one with the paint on every nanometer of the canvas.

Hard to say if the double rainbows cast a spell that I fell into or if the state of bliss manifested the rainbows. I'll know for sure when I get to heaven and learn if first came the chicken or the egg.

No comments:

Post a Comment