Thursday, February 19, 2009

Angels at Work

I love my life.

The universe constantly conspires to assist me with living the life I agreed to live, fulfilling the purposes for which I agreed to be born. Authoring. Creating.

Two wonderful things happened today. Both of them conversations that got me writing tonight. The first conversation was with a colleage, the second with a new friend I've made in my current Landmark course.

I can't recall what it was that got me talking about my current writing interests when taling with our site's newest teacher. I just remember that when the conversation was over I volunteered to send him a link to some back story for one of the upcoming writing projects. After a couple weeks with no link sent, he inquired.

I'm so grateful. He asked if I wanted some feedback. "Not criticism, just feedback, to talk about your writing." Of course I was nervous. I wanted to say, "Hey, this is just backdrop, not my "real" writing. OK, fine, what was wrong with it? I'd rather hear it from you than some stranger." My printer and that of another teacher's I normally use conspired to be inoperable at the same time, sending me straight into his classroom. He was the only other class on my end still open and occupied thirty minutes after the school day ended.

I got over my self-talk and doubt and asked, "So, what did you want to share about the link I sent?" He insisted he just wanted to provide an opportunity for me to talk about it if I was interested. I was. I did. Fifteen or twenty minutes later the story of a major character I named just last Friday spilled from my mouth.

Then, a few hours later, I finally called a friend that had sent an email checking in on me a couple days prior. She shared all these amazing coincidences happening in her life. More than that, she shared the incredible power she was experiencing as a result of our class. She is helping her husband take their business to a new level; she's working as a partner in a new store and simultaneously taking on transporting her elderly father to and from weekly doctor visits while he deals with a serious illness that he'll recover from shortly. In other words, she's making things happen and the magic of the universe is smoothing her path at every turn.

And I was soooooooo inspired. Then the conversation turned to me. She said some wonderful things about my writing and then gently but firmly let me know that the time for me to get out of my way is today...not tomorrow, not next week, not next year. When this powerful woman spoke, I listened.

And tonight...writing happened. Yeah!!!

I look forward to the day when saying "Hey, I wrote today" is about as unusual as saying, "Hey, I ate today."

I signed up for a twitter account tonight, too. I'm not using it yet, but will be doing so in the next week or two. I plan on updating my status with plenty of "wrote X today".

No comments:

Post a Comment