Saturday, December 13, 2008

Who I Am

Who I am is the possibility of Creativity Expressed!

In one of the Landmark courses, the Advanced Course, participants have an opportunity to decide what they'd like to bring into their lives, into existence. Examples include the possibilities of being love, fun, leadership, joy, inspiration and so on.

I chose creativity expressed. Originally, I thought that choice was specifically about my trying to get MY creativity expressed. Books would finally get written, I'd blog more, I'd finally paint something and hang it on my wall. MY creativity expressed.

Over the course of the last week, I've gotten to know this possibility a little better. We snuggle up together and it whispers it's deepest hopes and dreams to me. Who I am is the Possibility of Creativity Expressed.

That's Creativity with a capital "C". And God said, "Let there be..." God created. Just go there with me for a minute: "So God created man in His own image, in the image of God he created him, male and female He created them." Genesis 1:27.

As humans we have this incredible capacity to create. The obvious stuff are the artistic expressions--poetry, paintings, sculpture. But every conversation, every moment, every version of reality to which we subscribe is likewise our creation. Too bad, that it's usually done on autopilot.

Imagine creating our lives, our experiences, our world deliberately and purposefully. Creativity Expressed.

Who I am is the Possibility of Creativity Expressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment