Saturday, June 11, 2011

The philosophy: Wish Only Well

I've only glanced around the main site. A first glance saw nothing that disturbed me, but I am not promoting the site. I just stumbled on the philosophy while checking on a recount of the 100th Monkey story.

A short version of the story is that there were monkeys on an island. A few learned to wash their sweet potatoes before eating them. (Sometimes the story is told around monkeys being taught to wash coconuts by researchers after a nuclear bomb was detonated on a Pacific island repopulated with monkeys to see how they fare.)

The young learn. Their parents learn. A few family members learn. At some point, parabolically, the 100th monkey on the island learns it. Suddenly, the entire population of island monkeys do the same. Instantaneously. Mass transformation. A new morphogenetic field that they all now have access to and/or live inside.

As a human being, if this is so, my daily thoughts and actions contribute to the growth and development of my species.

Even if my actions don't transform the world, they transform the world of those around me and with whom I interact. Reason enough to be purposeful, deliberate, loving and free.

No comments:

Post a Comment