Thursday, October 21, 2010

Poem for Patricia

Patricia’s Perfection

“Real as they seem, speak out your pains,
I’ll carry them straight to God’s ear.”
The wind whispered.

Eyes weary, parts swollen,
with lungs that loathe lonesome air,
she began

“Like her and like him, I had dreams.
Fragmented, imperfect.
They mattered. They did!

“Just that my body didn’t work well enough.
I could never do enough, try hard enough.
I lost a few things along the way.

“But there were times.
Times I lived fearlessly, Loved tirelessly.
Times I laughed heartily.
Times I knew myself as God’s own."



Sweeping up care and concerns,
pain and regrets,
Wind carried her words to His lap.
* * *

The Sun shone brilliantly,
beaming warmth along with reply.
“You perfect creation, my perfect expression.
Your love was enough, your body sufficient,
You planted the seeds as I asked.
My Love.
You were perfect for the tasks I assigned.
It’s I, not you
who grows seeds sown,
and blooms beauty from beneath dirt and dust.”

She sighed. Redefined
Free, clear, light.
Perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment