Tuesday, September 25, 2007

The power of Reiki

My home was broken into. I think. Just to be safe, I had my locks changed. My uncle did it for me. He'd been fiddling with it for a while. Actually, a couple hours. Finally, he said, "I can't get this knob to get back on correctly." He's a locksmith by the way.

It was unusual for him to have that amount of trouble, though he did say that sometimes it happens that way--something that should go smoothly just doesn't do what it ought to do and you work with it. He'd been working with that part for an hour. He tried explaining what it might be, how many ways he'd tried to re-insert it and so on. He was telling me for a reason, but I had no idea how to help.

Finally, I just decided to send it Reiki. I imagined one of the Reiki symbols where he was having difficulty. Not even three seconds later, voila. All done. Easy pleasy lock fits snuggly.

Doubters can have a field day with. I'm just balancing one hour and three seconds.


But, you may be wondering, why was there difficulty in the first place. Well, the Reiki fixed that particular problem, that of the knob and new lock not fitting snuggly. At the time, he also said that he kept trying to make it work because he didn't want to have to drive all the way home to get a new knob and lock.

Today, I came home and there was obvious evidence that someone had indeed tried to enter my home through the front door while I was out. I put in my key and it took a whole lot of jiggling it to get the latch to catch so that I could turn the lock. When I finally got inside, I called my uncle and explained that I suspected someone came back and had tampered with the lock trying to open it when the old key or old technique didn't work. He suggested taking a look at the door frame first before jumping to conclusions to see if there were any tell-tale signs.

There were. Someone had.

As it happens, the problem with the knob was the universe letting me know that I needed to switch out that rather simple bottom lock and replace it with something stronger, studier and more secure. I'm thinking that when my uncle spent the first fifteen minutes trying to do what should have taken two or three, that was a sign to go ahead and change the lock.

He didn't. We didn't. So now he'll still have to come back afterall.

But like I said, Reiki solved the specific problem.

Which brings me to a note about universal energies, healing and even what some people would call magic...or having our prayers answered. We have to always be mindful of being careful when we pray, when we ask for healing and so on. In the end, we might be better asking for the message in the issue/difficulty/disease first and only after seeking understanding and guidance ask for the fix.

No comments:

Post a Comment